Bussmann 187 Series Mareine Rated Circuit Breaker with manual switch
Note: These breakers are rated for a maximum of 48 volts DC. However, they are not to be used on a 48 volt system because the system voltage will actually rise above 48 volts. The maximum system voltage we recommend using with these breakers is 36 volts DC. If you have any questions about which breaker is best suited for your system or equipment, please email us.
These 12 to 48 volt DC rated circuit breakers are useful for a variety of purposes in DC power systems. We sell them mainly for use with small inverters in the 150 to 1000 watt range, where the Class-t fuses might have too high an amperage rating. The on-off switch function makes them ideal where you may want to turn the inverter off when not in use to save battery power. Surface mount, panel mount versions available on special order.
These are available in a range of sizes, from 40 to 150 amps. The 60 amp is suitable for inverters between 350 and 700 watts, depending on maximum surge.
Basic Specifications - See Data Sheet for Complete Specifications
- Available in amperage ratings from 40 to 150 amps.
Single Pole Thermal Type Breakers
- Applications: Typically used in DC power systems in marine applications
(as a main or branch circuit breaker), truck and bus systems, RV systems,
add-on protection for accessories, lift gates, etc. This unit is external ignition
protected and weatherproof.
- Rating: 40-150A, 48VDC.
- Interrupt Rating: Main Breaker Protection Interrupt Rating (5kA@
- Operating Temperature Rating: –40°F (–40°C) to 185°F (85°C).
- Materials: Black UL-Rated 94V-0 thermoset plastic body. Cover and lever
are UL-Rated 94V-0 thermoplastic.
- Termination: 5/16-18 bolt threaded studs.
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP66.
- Features: A manual reset circuit breaker with On-Off switch
- Compliances: ABYC E-11; CE; SAE J1171 (Ignition Protected).