Aquion Energy Batteries
Aquion Energy Hybrid Ion Deep Cycle Batteries
Aquion Energy - the manufacturer of the 1st non-toxic battery, has re-branded their product line to Aquion Aspen Batteries.The Aquion Aspen battery is a safe, clean, and affordable saltwater battery that outperforms traditional battery chemistries. Based on Aquion's patented Aqueous Hybrid Ion (AHI™) technology (a unique saltwater electrolyte chemistry), these batteries are unlike anything else on the market and are designed for stationary, long-duration cycling applications. Available in 48-volt and 24-volt models, Aspen home batteries are modular building blocks that can be configured for a wide range of battery bank sizes. They also are great for both off-grid storage and grid-tie battery backup systems. They are the first and only battery in the world to be Cradle to Cradle Certified™, an esteemed quality mark for products made from sustainable materials and manufacturing processes.
What Is Aqueous Hybrid Ion?
Aquion Energy has designed a proprietary battery technology referred to as Aqueous Hybrid Ion. AHI chemistry is composed of a saltwater electrolyte, manganese oxide cathode, carbon titanium phosphate composite anode, and synthetic cotton separator. The Aquion battery utilizes non-corrosive intercalation reactions at the anode and cathode. Our deep cycle battery technology contains no heavy metals or toxic chemicals and is non-flammable and non-explosive, resulting in the cleanest and safest batteries for your home or business.
Off-grid and micro-grid applications - these batteries have excellent cycle life even at high depths of discharge, reducing the need for system oversizing and costly battery replacements. Energy management - allows users to avoid peak demand charges by shifting energy use to off-peak hours. Can also serve as an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) in the event of scheduled or unscheduled outages. Grid services - large-scale energy storage systems can make the grid more reliable and more flexible because they decouple energy services from a particular fuel source.
- Extremely high cycle life at 100% depth of discharge (or 70% retained capacity) - 3000 cycles at 100% DoD; 3750 cycles at 80% DoD; 6000 cycles at 50% DoD. Ie, the battery still has 70% of its original capacity at end of life, after 3,000 cycles at 100% DoD.
- The deep DoD allows you to use a smaller battery bank while enjoying a longer battery life
- Extremely high abuse tolerance avoids frequent maintenance, downtime, or replacements
- Ability to stand at partial state of charge with minimal self-discharge to provide reliable performance on demand
- Wide operating temperature range with minimal degradation
- Non-toxic, non-flammable, non-explosive, non-corrosive (classified as standard goods vs. hazardous goods)
- Environmentally benign materials - no corrosive acids or noxious fumes
- Better value than lead-acid or lithium-ion - more useable stored energy, and an overall longer lifespan
- No regular maintenance or active management required
- Multiple stacks can be wired together in parallel, unlike lead-acid batteries
- Improved warranty of 8 years (5 years full replacement and 3 years pro-rated)