Magnum Energy MicroGT 500 Grid-Tie Micro Inverter
NOTE: The MagWeb GT unit is optional, but highly recommended.
The grid-tie MicroGT Inverter is ideal for use with battery backup systems. Optimized to communicate with a Magnum battery-based system, particularly the MS-PAE Series Inverter/Charger, the MicroGT allows the addition of battery storage to a more traditional microinverter installation.
MicroGT 500 microinverters maximize PV energy production
Each PV module has individual Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) controls, which ensures that the maximum power is exported to the utility grid regardless of the performance of the other PV modules in the array. When PV modules in the array are affected by shade, dust, orientation, or any situation in which one module under-performs compared with the other units, the MicroGT 500 inverter ensures top performance from the array by maximizing the performance of each module within the array.
More reliable than centralized or string inverters
The distributed MicroGT system ensures no single point of system failure exists across the PV array. MicroGT 500 microinverters are designed to operate at full power at ambient outdoor temperatures of up to 149°F (65°C). The microinverter housing is designed for outdoor installation and complies with the NEMA 6 environmental enclosure rating.
MicroGT Product Features:
- Supports two modules per inverter, reducing installation labor time.
- Handles up to 310W modules with negligible clipping, delivering 250W AC per module.
- Individual MPPT for each module.
- Module-level electronics mitigates shading issues and increases system output and reliability.
- Using seven MicroGT 500 inverters, string up to 14 solar modules with a 20A breaker.
- Ready for install in your area: UL1741 and NEC690.12 compliant.
- Storage-ready: Optimized to regulate AC coupled Magnum battery-based inverters, increasing battery life.
MicroGT 500 Specifications:
- Recommended PV Module Power: 180-310W
- PV Module Connectors: MC4
- MPPT Voltage Range: 22-45V
- Maximum Input Voltage: 55V
- Maximum Input Current: 12A X 2
- Rated Output Power: 500W
- Maximum Output Current: 2.08A @ 240V
- Nominal Output Voltage/Range: 240V / 211V-264V
- Nominal Output Frequency/Range: 60Hz / 59.3-60.5Hz (Programmable per customer and utility requirements.)
- Power Factor: >0.99
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <3%
- Maximum Units Per Branch: 7 per 20A @ 240V
- Peak Efficiency: 95.5%
- Listings & Compliance: Emissions & Immunity (EMC) Compliance FCC PART 15, ANSI C63.4 2003, ICES-003 Safety Class Compliance Grid Connection Compliance IEEE 1547 UL 1741 , CSA C22.2, No. 107.1-01, NEC2014 690.12
- Operating temperature / Storage temperature: -40°F to +149°F (-40°C to +65°C) / -40°F to +185°F (-40°C to +85°C)
- Enclosure rating: NEMA 6
- Unit dimensions (w x h x d): 8.75” x 6.5” x 1.1” (221mm x 167mm x 29mm)
- Weight: 5.5 lbs (2.5kg)
Warranty: 25 years