MidNite Solar 1,500 Watt AC Clipper 2.0 Ohms
The MidNite Clipper is designed to control Wind or Hydro turbines and work with the Classic to charge your battery. The Clipper communicates with the Classic to slow the turbine when the batteries are full, and also contains a stand alone self powered adjustable max VOC limiting circuit. The AC Clipper is designed to work with AC turbines and was designed for 1,500 watt maximum turbines. The AC Clipper is available in two resistance options. One with 0.8 ohms of resistance per phase and one with 2.0 ohms per phase. MidNite Solar can custom build other resistance values upon request and have designed an easy to change resistor insert for the Clipper allowing changes in the field. Please call or email us if you need a custom resistance or help choosing the correct resistance for your turbine. The AC Clipper contains two 277 VAC 50 Amp 3 phase AC breakers (one for a stop switch) and a 1200 volt 200 Amp 3 phase bridge rectifier.
- Helps protect turbine from overspeed.
- Braking feature included.
- Convenient switching between run / turbine slowing.
- Settable voltage threshold for clipping.
- 50 Amp pass-through.
- D.C. or Three Phase AC models with heavy duty three phase bridge rectifier.
- Converts AC input to D.C. for charge controllers such as the Classic.
- Available with a range of built-in diversion load values.
- Durable powdercoated chassis.
- MNSPD Surge protective devices can be added for protection from over-voltages.
5 year warranty
- Additional Information
SKU MNCLIP1.5KAC2.0 Bundle Pre-Configured Price No