MidNite Solar 4,000 Watt AC Clipper
The MidNite Clipper is designed to control Wind or Hydro turbines and work with the Classic
to charge your battery. The Clipper communicates with the Classic to slow the turbine when the batteries are full, and also contains a stand alone self powered adjustable max VOC limiting circuit. The AC Clipper is designed to work with AC turbines and was designed for 4,000 watt maximum turbines. The AC Clipper comes standard with 1.6 ohms of resistance per phase. It's available in the following resistance ratings: 0.4 ohms, 1.0 ohms, 1.6 ohms and 4.0 ohms per phase. MidNite Solar can custom build other resistance values upon request and have designed an easy to change resistor insert for the Clipper allowing changes in the field. Please call or email us
if you need a custom resistance or help choosing the correct resistance for your turbine. Features:
- Helps protect turbine from overspeed.
- Braking feature included.
- Convenient switching between run / turbine slowing.
- Settable voltage threshold for clipping.
- 50 Amp pass-through.
- D.C. or Three Phase AC models with heavy duty three phase bridge rectifier.
- Converts AC input to D.C. for charge controllers such as the Classic.
- Available with a range of built-in diversion load values.
- Durable powdercoated chassis.
- MNSPD Surge protective devices can be added for protection from over-voltages.
5 year warranty