MidNite Solar 4,000 Watt DC Turbine Clipper
NOTE: The MidNite Solar Clippers are built to order. It will generally take about 2 to 4 weeks of lead time before the unit ships. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us or give us a call.
MidNite Solar 4,000 Watt DC Clipper
The MidNite Clipper is designed to control Wind or Hydro turbines and work with the Classic to charge your battery. The Clipper communicates with the Classic to slow the turbine when the batteries are full, and also contains a stand alone self powered adjustable max VOC limiting circuit. The DC Clipper is designed to work with DC turbines and was designed for 4,000 watt maximum turbines. The DC Clipper is available in the following resistance ratings: 3.0 ohms, 4.8 ohms and 12.0 ohms per phase. MidNite Solar can custom build other resistance values upon request and have designed an easy to change resistor insert for the Clipper allowing changes in the field. Please call or email us if you need a custom resistance or help choosing the correct resistance for your turbine.
- Helps protect turbine from overspeed.
- Braking feature included.
- Convenient switching between run / turbine slowing.
- Settable voltage threshold for clipping.
- 50 Amp pass-through.
- D.C. or Three Phase AC models with heavy duty three phase bridge rectifier.
- Available with a range of built-in diversion load values.
- Durable powdercoated chassis.
- MNSPD Surge protective devices can be added for protection from over-voltages.
5 year warranty