MidNite Solar The Kid Marine MPPT Solar Charge Controller in White
MidNite Solar The Kid Marine MPPT Charge Controller in White
NOTE: The Marine version of The Kid comes with the mounting bracket, 4 ft of flex conduit, battery temperature sensor, and an extra conformal coating.
IMPORTANT: Input, output, and load negatives must be isolated. They are not internally connected. Inaccurate current readings and damage may result from improper wiring. Load Positive is internally connected to Battery Positive. Loads are switched in the negative leg.
THE KID IS CERTIFIED TO UL1741 & UL458 (MARINE SUPPLEMENT)
With the UL458 marine supplement, THE KID meets very strict vibration, environment, and thermal requirements.
Comes standard with marine mounting bracket. Model number MNKID-M-B for the Black marine and MNKID-M-W for the White marine version. The marine versions can be cut into the wall for a flush mount assembly and also comes with a marine mounting bracket.
AGS (Auto Generator Start)
The Kid is the first charge controller in the industry to feature a two wire Automatic Generator Start (AGS) as standard equipment. The KID detects when the generator is running by simply watching battery voltage over time. No extra wires or voltage sensing is required making installation a snap.
The Kid has a fully adjustable intelligent lighting controller built in. It can turn lighting on at dusk for a select number of hours, turn it off for a length of time and then back on for a programmable number of hours before dawn. All time functions are fully adjustable, allowing users to save valuable energy. An additional feature in the lighting controller allows you to adjust the voltage needed on the PV module for the Kid to register "daytime". This is important if you are using the Kid for a solar street light and the lights are located above the PV modules. Most controllers would end up leaving the light off all night, but not the KID!
It also has the ability to give amperage readings with the optional Whiz Bang Jr and a 50mv/500A shunt.
- Now includes AGS (Auto Generator Start)
- MPPT Tracking
- True paralleling - Inputs and Outputs for two KIDs
- Up to 150V input
- Type 1 environmental rating
- MidNite's exclusive HyperVOC extends the input voltage beyond 150 VOC for cold climates
- 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V battery output
- Lighting Controller: dusk-dawn, hourly, day, night settings
- Up to 30 amps battery output with low input voltage based off of PV configuration
- No fan
- Reverse polarity protected
- Front panel exchangeable fuses for battery, input and load/clipper.
- 3 LED bar graph for battery status at a glance
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points
- Boat mount bracket included on marine versions
- Sealed for harsh environments
- Built in Arlington, WA USA
5 year warranty