Morningstar TriStar 45 Amp MPPT Solar Charge Controller
NOTE: This controller comes with a battery temperature sensor included.
NOTE: Picture #2 shows the TriStar unit with the optional digital meter.
NOTE: This model does NOT have Ethernet capability. If you need Ethernet, you will need the TriStar MPPT 60 amp model.
The TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is the world's most advanced maximum power point tracking photovoltaic (PV) controller providing many advantages over comparable products:
- Maximizes solar energy harvest
- Highest peak efficiency of 99%
- Provides up to 200 days of data logging
- Comes with a remote battery temperature sensor
The TriStar TS-MPPT-45 MPPT is designed for off-grid PV systems as large as 2.4 kWp, and is rated for 45 amps at up to 150 volts PV open circuit. This product is extremely reliable since it has a robust thermal design, no internal cooling fan and no mechanical relays. The TriStar MPPT is well suited for large professional and consumer PV applications such as remote telecommunications and off-grid homes.
5 year warranty
- Additional Information
SKU TS-MPPT-45 Bundle Pre-Configured Price N/A
Quality 3 star :100% ( 1 ) Price 4 star :100% ( 1 )Total : 1 Reviews
Customer ReviewsSort by:
1 Item(s)per pageOvercharges lithium batteries Review by Tim
Easy set up, high-quality components, works
Two major things:
A. No BMS control, not compatible with Lithium batteries.
This controller over-charged one of my LIFEPO4 cells to 4.7 volts because it could not: A: Be controlled by my Orion BMS and B: Could not detect a rapid rise in voltage near the end of the charge cycle. This $4,000 battery pack must be protected from overcharging by re-designing this controller to:
1. Charge enable input, controlled by a BMS (Battery Management System)
2. Lithium battery charging algorithm may detect a rapid rise in voltage, signifying a full lithium battery pack.
B. Poor UI on MSView software.
The 1990's is calling and they want MSView back. Please revamp the UI to include:
1. Graphical representation of battery voltage, current, watts, etc... over time.
2. Automatic displays, instead of requiring five clicks to display array power, voltage, current, watt-hours, etc...
3. Easier display of watt-hours. I was unable to get watt-hours to display. (Posted on August 7, 2017)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Unlikely