C&I Grid-Tie Inverters (3 Phase)
Commercial and industrial solar applications are becoming more widespread and versatile. If you are considering a commercial or industrial solar project we can assist with the system design. Give us a call!
Grid Tied String Inverters for Commercial and Industrial Projects
Grid-tied string inverters are an essential component of solar power systems. They convert the DC power generated by solar panels into AC power that can be used by your businesses. These inverters are designed to work with high-voltage DC input, making them ideal for commercial and industrial applications.
We offer several types of commercial and industrial grid-tied string inverters to support the most common low-voltage AC configurations available from distribution transformers including 120/208V AC Wye, 277/480V AC service, and even 600V three-phase AC applications. Most commercial and industrial grid-tied inverters are transformerless, three-phase string inverters that handle up to 1000V DC (for rooftop) or 1500V DC (for ground mount) which are common PV string voltages for commercial solar installations.
We offer a variety of brands of commercial and industrial grid-tied string inverters with different specifications to meet the needs of various businesses.
When selecting a commercial or industrial grid-tied string inverter, there are several key factors to consider:
- Power rating: The power rating of the inverter in most installations should be between 80-100% of the maximum power output of your solar panels. If the inverter’s power rating is significantly lower than the solar panel’s maximum output, it will limit the amount of energy that can be converted into usable electricity.
- Efficiency: Inverters have a conversion efficiency that determines how much DC power is converted into AC power. Higher efficiency means less energy loss during conversion, which translates to more energy savings over time.
- Type of inverter: here are three types of inverters: string inverters, microinverters, and power optimizers. String inverters are the most common type for commercial and industrial applications and are ideal for large-sized solar installations. Microinverters and power optimizers are better suited for small, dispersed installations or installations with significant shading issues.
- Monitoring: Inverters with monitoring capabilities allow you to track your system’s performance and identify any issues that may arise. All the inverters we offer have advanced monitoring capabilities.
- Warranty: A good warranty is essential to protect your investment and ensure long-term reliability. All of our inverters offer at least a 10-year warranty.
- Brand reputation: We only offer products from reputable manufacturers with a proven track record of quality and reliability. Products that we can stand behind.
In addition to these factors, there are also specific requirements for commercial rooftop applications that must be considered. For example, UL 3741 PV Hazard Control is a standard that addresses safety processes and principles for evaluating and recognizing compliance for rapid-shutdown PV arrays that protect firefighters from shock hazards on rooftops with solar panels. Commercial rooftop PV array systems listed to UL 3741 based on passive safety measures offer an alternative solution to deliver real, rigorously tested and proven safety improvements. UL 3741 allows for passive measures such as intelligently planned conductor routing and providing adequate insulation between conductors and conductive components of the array mounting system to reduce the risk of shock hazards to firefighters. Large flat commercial rooftops are ideal for designing and installing PV arrays based on UL 3741, as they allow for large contiguous sub-arrays where the PV inverter can be placed within the array boundary and serve as the PV rapid shutdown equipment (PVRSE) to de-energize the AC conductors outside the array boundary. This can eliminate the need for module level rapid shut down equipment for commercial and industrial roof top solar installations.