Samlex SDC-12 24 Volts to 12 Volts DC Converter, 12 Amps
Samlex 24 Volts to 12 Volts DC Converter for 12 Amps Max
Samlex SDC-12 non-isolated, DC to DC converter, 24 volts DC to 12 volts DC. This is used when you have a 24 volt DC battery system but need to run equipment, such as DC lights, marine radio, AM/FM radio, or other devices that require 12 volts DC. This avoids "tapping" a 24 volt battery system which can lead to uneven battery charging and early battery failure due to unbalanced charging. To minimize the output voltage drop, Samlex recommends using #14 AWG wire for lengths up to six feet and #12 AWG for lengths up to ten feet. If you will be powering voltage sensitive devices with minimal tolerance, you will want to use the largest size wire that's suitable for the situation. As the wire gets larger, the voltage drop decreases. Be sure to read the installation instructions and follow the fuse guidelines. You will need fuse protection on both the input and the output positive wires. Bussmann automotive type fuses (ATC or ATM) will work fine. Use a 32V, 10A fuse on the 24 Volt input and a 32V, 15A on the output.
- Input voltage: 20 - 32 Volts DC
- Output voltage: 13.8 Volts DC (+/- 0.1 V)
- Input current at no load: 0.5 mA
- Maximum continuous output current: 12 Amps
- Efficiency: 92%
- Built in protections: overload, over heating, reverse polarity, over voltage
- Built in input side fuse: 12 Amps
- Dimensions: 1.9" x 3.5" x 3.9"
- Weight: 1.0 lb
2 year warranty.