SMA Sunny Boy 6.0-US 6000 Watt Transformerless Grid-tie Inverter With 2000 Watt SPS
This inverter has been replaced with a newer model. Please see the SMA Sunny Boy 6.0-US-41.
SMA Sunny Boy 6.0-US 6,000 Watt Grid-Tie Transformerless Inverter
SMA Part Number: SB6.0-1SP-US-40
The Sunny Boy US series are the newest and most advanced residential grid-tie inverters offered by SMA. With multiple improvements and enhanced design features over previous models, the new US series is geared for success. Not only do they provide best in class efficiency and reliability, but they’re backed by one of the very best service and support teams in the world. SMA makes sure their customers are provided with up to date documentation, along with SMA’s Installation Assistant, access via smartphone, and integrated DC disconnect. The tools that SMA makes available to end users and installers makes installation a breeze. Not only are the units easy to install, but they’re also widely configurable and adaptable to hundreds of string configurations via SMA’s OptiTrac Global Peak, which helps to solve the difficulties of irregular roof configurations and issues with shading.
One of the most innovative features found on the Sunny Boy US series is the Secure Power Supply (SPS). SMA has improved upon the US-22 series by increasing the available opportunity power to 2,000 Watts. This means when the utility power goes out, the inverter will provide a dedicated receptacle with power as long as the sun is shining. It’s not as reliable as a battery backup system, but SPS is the next best thing, and much less expensive. Safety was a primary goal when designing the US series inverters. Not only does the inverter meet all UL and NEC Article 690 requirements, but they have exceeded the industry expectations. Sunny Boy’s Enhanced AFCI (Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter) system provides better protection and less down time by reducing erroneous tripping and improving sensitivity in actual arc fault conditions. The inverters are Ethernet capable and can be accessed via the SMA Webconnect feature which connects the inverter to the Sunny Portal website. This feature includes free system monitoring and data logging at no additional fee or cost. If your jurisdiction requires a rapid shutdown system in order to pass inspection, SMA has a compatible Rapid Shutdown Box and Rapid Shutdown Controller.
SMA backs up their unmatched quality and service with a 10 year manufacturer's warranty.
Sunny Boy 6.0-US Features & Specifications:
- Maximum Usable DC Power: 5,400 Watts @ 208 Volts; 6,200 Watts @ 240 Volts
- Maximum DC Voltage: 600 Volts
- Number of MPPT Tracker: 3
- AC Nominal Power: 5,200 Watts @ 208 Volts; 6,000 Watts @ 240 Volts
- AC Apparent Power: 5,200 Volt-Amps @ 208 Volts; 6,000 Volt-Amps @ 240 Volts
- Nominal Voltage (adjustable): 208 / 240 Volts AC
- AC Voltage Range: [183-229VAC for 208VAC systems] and [211-264VAC for 240VAC systems]
- AC Grid Frequency: 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- Power Factor: 1
- Output Phases: 1
- Maximum Efficiency: 97.6%
- DC Disconnect Device: Yes
- DC Reverse Polarity Protection: Yes
- Ground Fault Monitoring / Grid Monitoring: Yes
- AC Short Circuit Protection: Yes
- All-pole Sensitive Residual Current Monitoring Unit (RCMU): Yes
- Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI): Yes
- Internal Power Consumption: <5 Watts
- Topology: Transformerless
- Cooling: Convection
- Secure Power Supply: 2,000 Watts
- Display: 2 x 16 characters
- Interfaces: Ethernet / WLAN
- Certificates and Approvals: UL 1741, UL 1998, UL 1699B, IEEE1547, FCC Part 15 (Class A & B), CAN/CSA V22.2 107.1-1
- Dimensions: 21.1" x 28.5" x 7.8"
- Weight: 57 pounds
- Warranty: 10 Years