Trojan Solar SPRE 12 225 12 Volt 225 Ah Deep Cycle Battery
This item ships by truck freight. For the most accurate shipping rates, please email us for a shipping quote or call us at 800-383-0195.
Premium batteries are optimized for Renewable Energy applications which operate under challenging conditions such as fluctuating or extreme temperatures, remote locations and the intermittent nature of solar and wind power generation.
Designed with a 10-year battery life, Trojan Battery’s Premium line of flooded, deep-cycle batteries is specifically engineered to withstand the rigorous conditions of renewable energy applications. Our product strategy is focused on one simple objective – manufacture the highest quality battery available in the industry, which is why our Premium line is tested to IEC standards.
The Premium Line features:
- Alpha Plus® Paste with T2 Technology™ which optimizes porosity development in the active material enabling the active material to be used more effectively. This results in sustained battery performance over a longer period of time.
- DuraGrid™ Design provides a thick grid structure that resists corrosion, and when combined with the Alpha Plus Paste with T2 technology, increases overall battery life.
- Maxguard® XL Separator is exclusively available in Trojan’s Premium and Industrial lines. It features a wide-channel design which increases acid flow for optimum battery performance, and provides even greater resistance to stratification, a typical mode of failure in batteries used in renewable energy systems.
- The Polyon™ container is Trojan’s ultra-rugged case design which protects against damage caused by harsh environmental conditions, such as moisture and dirt buildup, and safeguards against potential acid leaks.
- 12 Volts
- 225 Amp-hours at the 20 hour rate
- Dimensions: 14.97"L x 6.91"W x 14.71"H
- Weight: 132 pounds
Warranty: 7 Years (2 Years Free Replacement - 5 Years Prorated)
Tips for Maximizing Trojan Deep Cycle Battery Life
Store and operate your batteries in a cool, dry place. For every 10°C (18°F) rise above room temperature (25°C or 77°F), battery life decreases by 50%. Charge your batteries fully after each period of use. Allowing your batteries to sit in a low state of charge for extended periods will decrease their capacity and life. If you store your batteries for an extended period of time, be sure to charge them fully every 3 to 6 months. Lead acid batteries will self-discharge 5% to 15% per month, depending on the temperature of the storage conditions. Monitor battery voltage and specific gravity of the electrolyte regularly to verify full recharging. As a general rule of thumb, the total amps from your PV panels should be sized between 10% and 20% of the total amp-hours (Ah) of the battery pack. Many charge controllers have equalization settings that you can set to help ensure the health of your batteries. Equalize your batteries at least once per month for 2 to 4 hours, longer if your batteries have been consistently undercharged. Water your batteries regularly. Flooded, or wet cell batteries require watering periodically. Check your batteries once a month after installation to determine the proper watering schedule. Add water after fully charging the battery and use distilled water.