Victron Energy SmartSolar MPPT 100/20 Solar Charge Controller 48VDC at 20 Amps
Victron Energy 20A MPPT Solar Charge Controller
A solar charger gathers energy from your solar panels, and stores it in your batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology, SmartSolar maximizes this energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. SmartSolar maintains battery health, extending its life.
By constantly monitoring the voltage and current output of your solar (PV) panels, MPPT technology ensures that every drop of available power is rinsed out of your panels, and harvested for storage. The advantage of this is most noticeable when the sky is partially clouded, and light intensity is constantly changing.
Remotely control and monitor the extensive features of your SmartSolar MPPT charger with built-in bluetooth by pairing it with your smartphone or other device via VictronConnect. If your installation is connected to the internet Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM) provides access to the full power of your MPPT, anytime, anywhere; both services are free to use. For remote installations - even when there is no internet connection or phone signal nearby - you may be able to monitor your MPPT by bluetooth-pairing with a LoRaWAN (long-range wide area network) device, available optionally.
The intelligent Load output function prevents damage caused by running batteries 'flat'. You can configure the voltage at which SmartSolar disconnects a load - thereby preventing excessive drain on your batteries. And here's the clever bit: SmartSolar will attempt a 100% recharge every day. If it can't - during periods of poor weather - it raises the disconnect voltage, daily, until it achieves success. We call this feature BatteryLife because it maintains the health, and extends the life of your battery.
Features and Specifications:
- Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Load output
- Battery Life: intelligent battery management
- Programmable battery charge algorithm
- Day/night timing and light dimming option
- Programming, real-time data and history display options
- Battery voltage: 48 Volts
- Rated charge current: 20 Amps
- Max. PV short circuit current: 20 Amps
- Maximum PV open circuit voltage: 100 Volts
- Maximum wire size: #10 AWG
- Weight: 1.44 lbs (0.6 kg)
- Dimensions (inches / millimeters): 3.94" x 4.45" x 2.36" / 100 x 113 x 60 mm
- 5 year warranty